The management team
- Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering – Imperial College London
- 25 years of experience with Philips Electronics in Sales & Marketing
- 5 years of experience as International Sales & Marketing Director for one Philips Division
- Since leaving Philips in 2000 has established his own company specialising in Strategic Marketing and Planning for SME’s
- Major role is in the Strategic Planning and Management for C-Major Medical
- Degree in Theoretical Physics – University of Durham
- 29 years of experience with Philips Electronics
- High Volume Manufacturing
- European Quality Management
- MD of Philips Blackburn – Winner of Britain’s Best Factory Award for World Class Manufacturing June 2006
- Extensive Product Development and Project Management Skills – Technical and Cost Aspects of Product Design
- High Volume – Low Cost Manufacturing Experience – Supplier Selection and Sub-Contract Management
- Chartered mechanical engineer with an M.A in Engineering Science from Oxford University
- MBA from Warwick University
- 20 years of experience at director level with UK manufacturers in the industrial engineering sector
- Since leaving last corporate role as MD at Farrel in 2002 has established a portfolio career
- Establishing Overseas Sourcing
- Experienced Resource Investigator and Networker
- Contract and project Management Experience
Martin is an experienced NED in other innovative Medical companies.
Formerly he was the CEO of Rayner Group a global ophthalmic business and ex Managing Director of Smiths Medical International (SMI): a £400m turnover division of the FTSE 100 Smiths Group that offered one of the leading brands of safety syringes.
He also is an NED of an NHS Foundation Hospital Trust
Qualified and experienced Non-Executive Director in a variety of organisations.
- Non-Executive Chairman of Advant Medical, a medical device company
- Chairman of the Collaborative Centre for Applied Nanotechnology
- Co-founder of Spin Out – an organisation that focuses on the novel delivery of chemotherapy drugs to internal solid tumours.
- Contracted with Irish Medical Devices Association (IMDA) to develop and deliver funded training programmes, with particular focus on Lean Manufacturing.
Michael formally worked for Becton, Dickinson and Company – a Global Medical Device Company and market leader of safety syringes, both as the General Manager of their operations in Ireland and before that as the Plant Manager in the U.S.A. He has also managed a capital investment in new a safety syringe, including the in-house assembly machine development.
- Over 30 years of experience in the Biotech sector
- Experienced Chairman/CEO of several VC-backed companies – exited two through trade sale
- Public company experience as CEO
Chris Harris qualified as a healthcare professional in 1980 and practiced for ten years including operating department specialisation before a commercial career spanning 27 years in the medical technology sector.
Chris is an advocate of health technology innovation, specifically in relation to start-up and early stage businesses in life science. Chris was contracted to provide commercial direction to a Department of Health, Pilot National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Healthcare Technology Co-operative Programme (2007-2012). He supports a number of companies working in research and development of medical devices, products, services, and diagnostics and collaborates with a number of NHS organisations specifically in health and social care innovation.
A Fellow of the Institute of Directors (FIoD) and former NHS Foundation Trust Governor, Chris is currently Interim Chairman and co-founder of the Ethos Health Ltd. He is a member of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Peer Review Collage and has sat on the Design Council Expert Reference Group and Nursing Times Awards judging panel for a number of years.
Susan Holman is the Principal Consultant at Holman and Associates, Eden Prairie, MN. USA. This is a consulting firm specialising in domestic and international regulatory and clinical affairs, and strategic operational development for entrepreneurs and start-up medical device companies.
Susan provides professional services in the areas of operations, pre-clinical, regulatory and clinical affairs, quality assurance, strategic planning, due diligence, and technology assessment.
Identifying FDA and CE medical device compliance requirements.
Providing assessment of technology feasibility and regulatory compliance.
Preparing business plans for early stage fundraising.
Amber Mitchell is the President/Executive Director of the International Safety Center, Apopka, Florida USA. The International Safety Center (‘the Center’) is dedicated to research, surveillance, and outreach to inform data-driven interventions, controls, and programs to protect workers who provide care for others.
The Center is the global leader for occupational research to advocate for a safer healthcare workplace. The original International Healthcare Worker Safety Center leads the world by conducting epidemiological research on sharps injuries and blood exposures and advocating for a safer workplace since 1994.
The Center identifies injuries and illnesses that can be prevented with the use of safer medical devices, engineering controls, personal protective equipment, and other innovations in protection; promulgates and promotes successful prevention measures; targets high-risk procedures for intervention; and prepares reports, training and consultation.
Boult Wade Tennant
We are Patent and Trade Mark attorneys with an international reputation for both quality and approachability. Based in the UK, our professionals offer local and international IP advice to clients from around the world, with a particular emphasis on European Patent and Trade Mark law. It was in 1894 that Harold Wade joined Alfred Julius Boult in partnership to form the firm that became Boult Wade Tennant. Since then we have become a leader in our profession; a position that we strive to maintain by offering excellent client service delivered by a dedicated and responsive team of professionals.
Clear View IP
Intellectual Property Consultants
ClearViewIP is the leading European Intellectual Property Consulting and Brokerage firm providing IP strategy, management and transactional services across a wide range of market and technology sectors. We help clients globally to implement effective IP processes, build and strengthen their patent portfolios, assess, value and monetize intellectual property. We assist companies to understand their competitive position, build value, manage risks, and unlock additional income streams.
Hayes & Company
We are a firm of Chartered Accountants with offices in Blackburn, Atherton and Tarleton offering a full range of accountancy, taxation, business consultancy and audit services to individuals and owner managed and family owned businesses.